New User

Manual orders - Payment

Hi

With regard to manual order entry, if i have paypal express set up as a payment method, is it possible to create a manually entered order select the payment method and then have the payment processes in any way?

All i get is an error saying

Conflict
    There is a conflict between the order amount and the payment amount.
    Order amount: AU$126.50
    Amount of transaction: AU$0.00

i cannot see any obvious way of this happening. Or is there a way of adding a transaction value (if i was to manually send a paypal request?)

Thanks

Steve Oliver

working at ePages
    Hi Steve,

i've forwarded your request to the responsible department and will come back to you as soon as i get an answer.
    For querys please tell our support team the following ID:- 428-776

regards
    Alex
    Alexander Pribicin
    Community Manager
    ePages GmbH

New User
    Thanks Alex

Appeciate you forwarding that to the department, i'll wait to hear from you hopefully with some method of doing this!

Steve

working at ePages
    Dear Steve,

i've got an answer:

"Manual order entries with an (external) payment which requires an action from the customer to proceed successful aren't possible generally. So the reported
    issue won't work for PayPal Express, too."

regards
    Alex
    Alexander Pribicin
    Community Manager
    ePages GmbH

New User
    Hi Alex

I'm not sure i understand the answer. Are you saying that if i use a payment system that is internal (such as a merchant facility, eway for example) then i can manually process payments or request payment through invoice or similar? but as paypal express is an external payment system you cant process it?

If its just a case of you cant make any payment or request payment from a manual order then can i ask why manual orders are even possible? seems like a fairly pointless exercise?

Thanks for the reply however.. i can stop chasing my tail on this for now.

Steve

working at ePages
    Hi Steve,

all payment methods are external because they are seperate companies. If you want to use e.g. paypal express you need login data of existing customers to proceed. There is no possibility to create orders manually because its not allowed by the payment providers. Its no regular order.

regards
    Alex
    Alexander Pribicin
    Community Manager
    ePages GmbH

New User
    Hi Alex

i understand your message now thank you, and i dont think i explained myself very well originally..

When i create a manual order i can still select an option of paypal, but when saving that order (or updating it) as it hasnt had payment made or cant ask for payment from the customer it says

Conflict
    There is a conflict between the order amount and the payment amount.
    Order amount: AU$126.50
    Amount of transaction: AU$0.00

so i was wondering if i was missing a step somewhere to get the website to email a confirmation with a payment link back to the website to get the customer to checkout the manual order.

to illustrate i have 2 scenarios for you...

1, A customer calls me wanting some advice. I give him the advice and offer to raise an order for him (as he is already registered) i can manually create an order in the epages back office with no problem. my issue is, how do i get payment for that order as i cant manually input any payment details, i cannot send him a confirmation email with a link to make payment, and i cant get him to check out with a link from the confirmation email. Basically the only option i have is to rely on the customer making a bank payment OR by manually going to paypal, raising an invoice with paypal and hoping the customer then pays the paypal invoice, then i can log back into the back office, mark it as paid and continue.

2, A customer places an order to an area where shipping is unknown or uncalculatable via the website. (Australia is a large place) the customer has an option to be quoted (free shipping with free payment to get the order placed) I can then manually go into the order add a product called 'delivery' to the order and add a value to it of whatever I have been quoted by the courier. I then cannot send confirmation with payment link or have a link to finalise checkout and pay the updated order. Again the only options are rely on the customer making a bank payment OR by manually going to paypal, raising an invoice with paypal and hoping the customer then pays the paypal invoice, another side issue with this is that with free payment, status Paid is already ticked, so i have to untick it (if i can)

i hope i am a bit clearer now.. and can offer some advice!

Steve