New User

Shipping Matrix - Australia

Hi

I have been developing a shop for some time now and am getting very close to launch date. We are trying to sort the checkout out.

One issue that we have is that we sell heavy products that can only be shipped by courier. Australia being the vast land of sand with huge unpopulated areas makes this very hard to deal with. and the Australia post calculator only works to 20kg (i wish it could separate it into blocks of 20kg and just keep multiplying / adding the costs for our non courier heavy goods)

I am using the IInet version of Epages and its running 6.10.something but i understand it will be upgraded shortly. Their documentation says that australia post can be used or a shipping / region matrix can be used instead for more complex shipping. I cannot find a shipping matrix and IInet are trying to find out where it is in the software.

If the matrix is what i think it is (postcode regions vs weight vs cost) then this could help us out immensely and allow us to have the checkout complete smoothly. Without it we have to get people to ask for a quote which defeats the object of an online store.

Any idea or hints as to how the shipping matrix works and where it may be hidden?

Thanks

Steve Oliver

Hello Steve, if you are still having problems please drop an email to support@ecorner.com.au and we will try to help you out with your shipping setup questions. The support for Australia Post and shipping by weight and region may not be part of the package you subscribed to with iiNet. If you go to Settings menu >> Delivery and payment >> Delivery >> you will find Australia Post and Shipping by Weight and Region as options in the shipping calculation drop down list. If they are not there then the package you are on may not include those.

John
    Regards
    John

John Debrincat
    eCorner
    www.ecorner.com.au
    Ready to sell online?

New User
    Hi John

Thanks for that, Am i right saying that you guys support IInet ie you resell epages to them?

I dont have the shipping by weight or region option enabled and I'm not sure IInet have it in any of the packages. I do have Aus post enabled tho. My contact there has been great with his support and he is very knowledgable, but doesnt seem to recognise the option either. We have been waiting for a reply for a while now about the option.

To quote Iinet's info on their website..

*How can I calculate shipping for the various parts of Australia?*
    *iiNet's Shopping Cart supports Australia Post online shipping calculator
    in real time. So when your customer has entered their post code then the
    exact shipping cost will be added to the shopping basket. You can modify
    the cost to add some margin for error or profit. Additionally you can
    create your own post code region matrix for more complex shipping using the
    Shipping by Weight and Region calculation method.*

By having a postcode region matrix i am hoping we can solve our issue with shipping charges, based on postcode. Some of our products are only able to be shipped by courier (pressurised) and most of our products are heavy (10+kg each item) so if we can configure weight vs postcode vs price band we may be 95% there!

I will as you suggest email ecorner and ask the question also.

Is possible that i can get a screenshot of what the matrix or options look like?

Thanks again

Steve Oliver

Correct we do support iiNet.

What package are you on with iiNet?

I saw you sent an email as well and the support team will follow up.

John
    Regards
    John

John Debrincat
    eCorner
    www.ecorner.com.au
    Ready to sell online?

New User
    Hi John

Yes i have just sent an email covering my 3 threads on here.

I am on Shopping cart 2, but realise some options are in shopping cart 3 but need to be convinced that the features in SC3 will do what i need them to do. I have been developing this website for a while now (my own product photography etc) so didnt want to go for the top package as it would have been a waste of money until we were closer to launch.

Will wait to see what support come up with and then follow up with the answer on here to help people out in the future.

Appreciate your support

Steve Oliver